1. Channel Islands Harbor Farmers Market
REGULATIONS 1. NO vehicles under any circumstances shall drive or
park in and over any of the landscaping.
2. No automobiles will be allowed in the Market area after
9:50 am sharp and before 2 pm! and at no time shall any vehicle
or equipment stop at, park or block handicap: parking locations,
thoroughfares, accesses or ramps. Also watch out for, do not hit or
get close to the landscaping.
3. YOU MUST CLEAN UP YOUR AREA & ALL YOUR TRASH AFTER THE EVENT.
Do not put your wastewater or product in the street, asphalt, dirt
4. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TRASH, EMPTY BOXES, OR EMPTY CONTAINERS ON
THE GROUND BY THE DUMPSTERS, BY THE TRASH CANS PROVIDED FOR THE
CUSTOMERS, OR ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE MARKET (landscaping) AREA AFTER
5. YOU MUST TAKE AND PLACE ALL YOUR TRASH INTO THE
DUMPSTERS. DUMPSTERS SHALL NOT BE OVER FILLED AND AT ALL
TIMES THE LID SHALL BE ABLE TO CLOSE AND LOCK. TWO DUMPSTERS ARE
LOCATED AT THE SOUTH END OF MARKET NEXT TO CABEZONE WAY. THESE ARE
THE ONLY DUMPSTERS TO BE USED!!!!!
6. All Market vendors’ vehicles that are not parked in the
Market, shall park their vehicles in the designated common area that
is the second parking lot south in front of Channel Islands/Vintage
Marina. Parking in the designated area is a regulation and is in
order to prevent congestion and allows customers to come and park to
shop at the Market.
7. A lane that can allow a Large Box Truck shall be clear of
vehicles and equipment at all times from Cabezone Way to the Yellow
Fish Hoist. At no time shall any vendors’ equipment or booth touch
or be on the white concrete around the Yellow Fish Hoist.
8. There shall be no use at anytime for any reason of expandable
polystyrene food containers (EPS), known by the trade name
9. Crafters and Temporary Food Facility permites may not
have their vehicles in the Market near their location. The Health
Department states that only Mobile Food Facility permites and
Farmers may have their cars near their location. Crafters have only
a 10 X 10 foot space.
10. Certified Farmers may distribute FOOD SAMPLES
only if the following sanitary conditions exist:
All food and utensil-related items shall be
stored at least 6 inches off the floor or ground and in a manner
that will protect these items from sources of contamination.
Samples shall be kept in approved, clean,
All food samples shall be distributed by the
producer in a sanitary manner (tong, toothpicks, etc.). After
the Market producer shall pick up all toothpicks off the ground.
If all toothpicks are not picked up an immediate $25 fine shall
be issued and/or toothpick use shall be banned from the
Clean, disposable plastic gloves shall be used
when cutting food samples.
Food intended for sampling shall be washed, or
cleaned in another manner, of any soil or other material by
potable water in order that it is wholesome and safe for
Potable water with a spigot and a water catch
basin below, germicidal soap in a push down dispenser and
single-use sanitary towels shall be available for hand washing
sanitizing. Hand washing shall be performed before each
sampling, and after every use of the toilet and handling of
All food samples shall be disposed of within two
hours after cutting.
Utensil and hand washing water shall be disposed
of in the three-compartment sink facility that is connected to
the public sewer system.
Utensils and cutting surfaces shall be smooth,
nonabsorbent, and easily cleaned at the three-compartment sink
or disposed of; and during non-use left in a bleach/water
11. No live animals shall be kept or allowed within
20 feet of any area where food is stored or held for sale.
12. Sales figure comparison to and the amount of similar
products at the Market is one basis in determining space size and
13. FMOCIH shall audit any vendor sales at any time by counting
their money and products.
14. FMOCIH can change the space size, availability, locations
and products allowed to be sold with a seven-day notice.
15. Space prices are based on product and location, not on size.
16. All vendors are on a week-to-week tenancy with either FMOCIH
or the vendor able to terminate participation in the Market with a
17. With notification or without notification by vendor; if any
vendor does not participate two consecutive weeks in a row then they
may be terminated form the Market. A vendor non-participating in the
Market two weeks in row constitutes the above seven-day termination
18. If you are not at your location by 9:45 am sharp
your spot will be given away.
19. No sales or soliciting sales shall be made before 10 am or
after 2 pm sharp.
20. There are no rain checks, refunds, or exchange for another
21. If you do not notify on the load sheet, or call (805)
643-6458 and leave a message, and you do not show two times in a
row, you will lose your spot and have quit the Market.
22. If you will not be at the Market for any reason it is
essential for your neighbors’ sales that you call (805) 643-6458 and
leave a message or mark it on your load sheet.
23. All vendors and farmers MUST have proper State, Ventura
County and City of Oxnard permits, licenses and certificates prior
to any sales.
24. The City of Oxnard Fire Department Requirements are to be
completely adhered to before any flame or cooking is started. If any
of them are not completely adhered to at any time the vendor shall
not participate in the Farmers’ Market and can be terminated
immediately without written notice.
25. All Farmers are required to bring their original embossed
certificate every Sunday, and have it out posted
and displayed so the customers can see it.
26. The Certified Farmers’ Market and it’s certified
agricultural producers shall be given priority on all market space.
The non-certified and non-food products will be allowed only as
adequate space permits which shall be determined at the absolute
direction of FMOCIH.
27. None of the following is allowed to be sold in the Market:
firearms of any kind, components for ammunition, explosives, knives,
swords, daggers, and/or any type of weapons, grab bags, coin
operated game machines of any kind, alcoholic beverages, drug or
tobacco products/paraphernalia, water filter systems, chiropractic
services, body piercing, handwriting analysis, animals, birds, pets
or living things.
28. Only 3 prong extension cords are allowed to be used.
29. If a non-3 prong extension cord is used, FMOCIH has the
entitlement to take it down and relocate it or clip the cord.
30. All crafters fees are due and payable in cash by 2:30 pm.
31. No conduct at the Market shall be unsafe, offensive,
abusive, harassing, impolite, rude, argumentive, negative, mean, or
otherwise inappropriate to a customer, market staff member, market
manager, other vendors, or any official form a city, county or state
agency conducting business within the Market confines and may result
in immediate termination.
32. Violations of any rules, regulations, restrictions, any of
the above regulations, FMOCIH policies, federal/state/county/city
laws may result in the following disciplinary actions:
An oral warning.
A written notice of violation
A written notice of violation with a $ 50.00 fine.
A written notice of violation with a $ 80.00 fine or
Market suspension of any length up to five months.
Termination from the Market.
Correction of condition and/or payment of fines
are mandatory before re-admittance to the Market. All
disciplinary actions will be reviewed by the Committee. The
Disciplinary Committee is made up from vendors, landlords,
FMOCIH Inc/Coastal Pacific LLC, and customers. You may appeal
any disciplinary actions to the Disciplinary Committee at:
FMOCIH Inc/Coastal Pacific LLC Attn: Disciplinary Committee
2674 East Main Street Suite D288 Ventura, CA 93003
Certified Farmers shall have 15 calendar days to submit a
written appeal to the same address to appear before the board
for an administrative hearing.
33. If inclement weather occurs on Sunday the Market is still open rain
or shine; and vendors participation is mandatory.